Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nostalgia of 2011 - Ashe's Boss Day 10

Starting today I will be blogging past events that happened to me this 2011, month per month, beginning January 2011.  It's because a lot has happened to my life this 2011.  I have learned a lot, met new friends, have a new job, taken challenges, found new mentors, etc.  Now, let me start.

January 2011

New year, new beginning, just as I thought.  I'm one of those few people who has full of hope and energized everytime New year comes.  I also had my own New Year's resolution.  Obviously, I failed to do that, to lose weight.  I'm not that fat but I still want to see myself thinner to fit  and to look good with dresses I want to wear.

I was still with my former company during this period.  I was still hoping that my Christmas wishes would be granted.  I was willing to receive it open arms even if God sent those to me late.  What was that?  To get promoted and to meet Ashe's boss.  The promotion was not just for the salary increase.  Many editors in our company were telling me that my salary was higher than theirs plus there was more pressure with their jobs.  That was true.  But more than the salary itself, I wanted to feel growth in the company I was working with for more than 2 years.  I won't say that money was not important, but  I need to grow.  I didn't want to remain stagnated.  But my superiors were blind with whatever "best I did with my job."  I prayed to God that I was willing to wait for it to happen, anyway, I had a reason to stay still with the company.  I didn't want to resign because Ashe's boss was still there.  He was still with the company.  I thought if I would resign, I won't be able to see him.  Some would think it was a very shallow reason.  But I guess, it was one way to hold on with my job.  Any unemployed Filipino living in the Philippines would understand why one has to endure to stay in the company they work with even though they're not happy at all because of the high unemployment rate in the Philippines.  It's not like if you resigned then applied to another company, you would get hired immediately.  I experienced that, so I didn't want to take the risk.  As most of Filipinos say, "At least you have a job.  At least you're earning."  It's a sad truth.  Some would take the risk only to find out that the new company who hired them is worse than their former company.  Isn't that ironic?

If I found happiness and enjoyment inside my workplace, it was because of Ashe's boss.  He made me stay in the company to keep the hope that sooner I'd finally get promoted. That's why I continued doing my job the best that I could.  I still continued to be a team player in spite all of the intrigues, the politics, and all in our account.  I became more professional.


No comments: